There is NO cat shelter on Santorini and STERILA relies on foster homes which are usually full but we will try our best find space for your rescue. If no space, we suggest to consider a Pet hotel which usually costs EUR 5 per night.
If you would like to report an emergency, the best way to contact us is either via Whatsapp or Facebook. Include your answers to the following questions so that volunteers can respond faster:
- Where is the exact location?
- When was the last time you last saw the cat/s?
- Is there an emergency or in need of medical attention? If yes, please bring to the vet ASAP. Information on Santorini vets are in our Contact page.
- Please send photos
- Until when are you in Santorini?
- Will you be willing to sponsor the cat/s? Cover medical expense bills (if needed)?
- Are you willing to adopt/foster?
- Is the cat afraid of humans?
- Are the hotel/restaurant close by feeding the cat/s? Please also check tourists nearby if they can help. We have wonderful stories with a chain of tourists helping strays until they get adopted.